Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear FGCU Nursing Program

It has come to my attention that your websites you would like me to upload my medical documents onto is flawed. Perhaps you are aware and this whole process is just to see who really wants to be in the program to begin with. If you aren't aware, sit down and listen to this.

You tell me that you want a vaccination of varicella or positive titer results from a doctor or from a lab report. I HAD THE CHICKEN POX WHEN I WAS BUT AN INFANT. There are NO medical reports of a problem my parents forced me to have! Am I really expected to go to some doctor, just because me and my parents word isn't enough?

Then I send you information on my Hepatitis B vaccinations. If you read the document I sent you correctly, all the information you would need to know about ANYTHING is on there. I don't think you read it, because for some unknown reason, you rejected it "because it doesn't have information about my Hep B vaccinations on there." I'm sorry, since when was a state of Florida certificate of immunization not enough proof of my Hep B vaccinations? Remind me when I have kids to take pictures of them getting their shots, because something verified by the state isn't enough proof for these people.

Backtracking, you know on that state certified form, it also says I had positive results of chicken pox, because ya know, I had it. Just saying. Perhaps you should hire people who can read or think intellectually before you decide to fuck me sideways.

What is really quaint about all of this is that for some reason I have to jump through hoops over the internet, rather than turning in all of this paperwork for you guys to figure out. I took all those papers that YOU specifically sent me and I've been filling them out. I go to upload them onto your 20 different websites and for some reason, you decide to reject them. That's cool.

Let's not forget that I'm the one that's spending copious amounts of cash to attend this university and for this program in particular, so maybe you should be trying to make this "registering" process a little bit easy on me. So far, it's been like ramming needles in my eyes. I understand it's tedious work for you to sit down and enter 60 people's information into your database, but I'd appreciate a little bit of sympathy because it's not like I have full access to a scanner so I can upload these documents. Not everyone is mega rich and that's kinda why I'm going to college in the first place, so if you could just calm your tits about my "incorrect documentation" that'd be great.

Sincerely,
a Fall 2011 Nursing student who just wants to enjoy her last carefree summer in peace before she signs her soul away to Hippocrates.

6 comments:

  1. I think FGCU has the worst registration systems ever. I can't even begin to tell you about the horrors I had with them last year. Ugh, I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FGCU has a sick sense of humor >:[

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww im sorry Jess, but you are destined to succeed :) So i KNOW IT WILL ALL WORK OUT FOR YOU <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW ALL TOO WELL ABOUT HAVING CAPS SPAZ OUT! :P <3 thanks ashley!

    ReplyDelete